Bank Alart Cheque Book of these Bank to Become Invalid from 1st October 2021
The IFSC code of those banks has been changed as a few banks have already been merged. In that sense, some banks have declared the old cheque book invalid. Let’s look at it in detail.
The main reason for declaring this old cheque book invalid is that a few banks have merged.
How many banks old cheque book are not valid?
Old cheque book of customers holding account in these three banks is not valid.
2.Oriental Bank of Commerce
3.United Bank of India
Allahabad bank affiliated with Indian bank. The two banks, oriental bank of commerce and united bank of India are affiliated with Punjab National Bank.
The Indian bank has officially announced that the old cheque book will not be valid after October 1, 2021 due to the merger of Allahabad bank with Indian bank.
The old cheque book has been declared invalid due to the merger of Punjab National bank with United bank of India and Oriental bank of commerce.
New cheque book apply must be received before October 1st. Failure to do so may result in problem with the transactions.
Oriental bank of commerce and united bank of India customers can obtain the cheque book of Punjab national bank. It contains Punjab national bank IFSC code and MICR code.
How to apply
You can apply through online or offline process.
Online Method – Mobile Banking
- Open the “PNB ONE” App.
- Type your “User ID” and click on sign in.
- Click on “Services” option in the home page.
- Now Services page will be opened. Next select “Cheques” option.
- After that click on “Request for new cheque book” option under the cheques option.
- Now select your Account number, choose the Number of leaves, Name and Delivery address.
- Click on “ Submit” button.
Online Method – Internet Banking
- Type your “User name and Password” to login your Punjab National Bank internet banking account.
- Click on “Other Services” option from the top menu.
- Scroll down to the service request.
- In the service request option, select “New request” and click on “Ok” button.
- After that click on “Request new cheque book” option from the Request type option.
- Then select your Account number, choose the Number of cheque leaves, Branch and Delivery address.
- Click on “submit” button
The new cheque book will be delivered to your address within 7 to 10 days.
Go directly to the nearest Punjab National Bank and get the details of the new cheque book application from the account manager. Fill up the form and submit to get the new cheque book within 7 to 10 days.
Toll Free Number
You can also apply for a new cheque book by contacting the toll free number.
Punjab National Bank Special Offers
Punjab National Bank has to offer some special offers to its customers. This means that the home loan interest rate starts from 6.80% and the car loan interest rate starts from 7.15%. It also said it would offer similar benefits.